We conservatives are principled, there’s no doubt about that. Unfortunately, far too many of us have the strategic sense of a beginning checkers player at the World Chess Championship. To put it bluntly – we’re idiots.
I use “we” because I’ve been guilty of this as well. But I’m not a part of the current Olympic-level “shooting ourselves in the foot” contest. This time, we need to put emotion aside and think.
If ‘demographics is destiny,’ as Texas Democrats have been saying for years, then Texas Democrats are screwed . . . a new Gallup Poll out today throws cold water on Democratic dreams that the state’s surging Latino population will ‘inevitable’ turn Texas if not into a Democrat ‘blue’ state than at least into a toss up ‘purple state.’
After wasting nearly $325 million during the 2012 election cycle with nothing to show for it and then declaring war on the Tea Party, donations to Karl Rove’s three Crossroads groups decreased by 98% last year. The groups reportedly raised a paltry $6.1 million combined in 2013. . .
More in this category
- K. Carl Smith Brings the Frederick Douglass Republican Methodology to SC Tea Party
- Breitbart: College Students React to Obamacare — “I Hear it Doesn’t Work”
- What’s Happened to Christmas? ~ A Poem
- Planned Parenthood: Tax Funding Up 77% While it Makes $170 Million From Abortions
- Colleges can’t ban guns, rules Florida court in major 2nd Amendment victory
- Reagan was a Tea Partier